Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 24, 25, 26

It's hard to believe that the 31 days of posting are almost to an end.

I feel time with family is sacred, and for that reason, I'm lumping days 24-26 together and return on Monday to share some more.

Both sets of grandparents are headed this way for Jonah's Harvest Festival at his school. There is a fun run at the beginning, and Jonah has practiced several times around cones in our yard.

This morning, he had a meltdown while getting ready for school.

"I DON'T want to race!!!"

Patrick and I looked at each other, confused but knowing there was a deeper hidden reason why he was dreading this.

"Joshua and Jonathan are the fastest! They will BEAT ME! I want to win!"

And so it begins....

I took advantage of this opportunity to share with him that all he needs to do is his best. Yes, he is racing with other children, but the only thing he can improve on and change his himself. It's a race for YOU, Jonah. Stretch yourself to overcome what used to hold you back.

Just now, at 9pm, he yelled out, "I get to race tomorrow! I'm so excited!"

Sometimes the race is scary. Sometimes it's fun.

I hope that he carries this newfound excitement throughout his life. May he run in such a way as to win...

 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.  Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.  No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

No comments: