Sunday, January 23, 2011

One Thousand Gifts



I'm not sure where I have been but apparently, (in)courage, a blog I follow, has a book club. The book that has been introduced is called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.

I have to shallowly say that the cover is what drew me. A nest with two blue eggs being held out by a young girl in a white dress...I was able to preview a chapter online, and this is what happened....

1. My throat closed in raw emotion
2. Tears stung the back of my eyes
3. My soul's stomach rumbled as Ann spoke the Word through her painful and beautiful life stories...
4. I felt like I had tasted choice morsels of grace
5. I was hungry for more.

I went immediately to my Nook account online and downloaded it for 9.99. I have read through chapter 5 already, and I will most likely finish this tonight. I will then read it again probably, because this is real. This is real hurt. Real love. Real questions that you nor I dare to voice because we are afraid in doing so, we may somehow lose our salvation...Real grace. Real Thanksgiving. Real Jesus.

Always Jesus.


I have decided to comment weekly on the chapters, just as the book club Bloom is doing. Would you like to participate?

Go here to read the details of this book.

Visit with the author, Ann Voskamp, here.

Grab a blog button for yourself!



Well, I'm off to make some chili, settle in for the night, and read some more. Let me know what you think after looking at the links!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You sold me on it, so I just downloaded it to my Kindle and will read it this week... I love Angie Smith too but the book club is way too much time for me to invest right now. ;) You should blog about your thoughts as you read through it though since I'd be interested in reading those!

Craftberry Bush said...

Hey You, hubby works for Kobo, I'm gonna look for it and check it out. Thanks for the post. Xo

As for Me and My Nest... said...

YAY!!! I asked my Mom to get the book for me and am planning on doing the Bloom thing. I have done a couple books with them. We will have to meet up and talk about it! I can't wait!

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

YAY!! I'm going to get the book tomorrow. I've read so many good reviews, and I want to go along with Bloom too! Glad you like it so much already! I'm that much more excited! :)