Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Remembering Ayden



Today is Ayden Jones' first birthday. Ayden's story can be found here . We had the privilege of joining Lindsay, Jeremy, family and friends as we celebrated Ayden's life. I wanted to share some pictures, because I want the Jones' family to know that Ayden is remembered and will not be forgotten. Through his life, I learned what it means to truly live.

As you can see from the picture above, each person wrote down something to send to Ayden. These were attached to blue balloons, which were released after we sang "Happy Birthday" to Ayden. The last line of the song faded in volume, as each person's voice was audibly tearful. We then released the balloons. This moment was very special, as I envisioned Ayden gathering each one and reading them while sitting on Jesus' knee. However, I am pretty sure Ayden laughed out loud when he saw what happened to mine. My ditzy side happened to be present while I tied the notes to the balloon. I had the brilliant idea to send all three of our notes (mine, Patrick's, and Jonah's) up with one balloon, as a family. I did not factor in that the balloon would not fly up to the sky with that much weight. I'm pretty sure Ayden was just shaking his head back and forth, saying "oh that Anna, she is a true blond". I ended up retying it with Jonah's, and away it flew.

Ayden's garden in the playground area is beautiful. Such peace resides there. I didn't want to leave. I honestly could sit there all day.

I have included some pictures from this time. Such a sweet moment to share with everyone. We love you, Ayden, and we look forward to the day we see you again. Happy Birthday little one!


The Garden


Butterfly in Garden


Jonah's letter to Ayden


Balloons


Aunt Lindsay and Jonah



Uncle Jeremy and Jonah


Daddy and Jonah


Jonah enjoying Ayden's garden

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks for posting on this. I was wondering how the events of the day went and praying for everyone involved.