Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 19: The Truth Will Set You Free

What a beautiful Sunday. Spent time in worship with our church family, listened to wise words that now need to be walked out in our own lives, and then played golf as a family. Two kids in the double jogging stroller, Patrick with a pull cart for the clubs we shared, and a beautiful breeze and not-too-hot afternoon. I'm exhausted. Sore. But I can't help but keep thinking of the message from today's sermon:

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free".  John 8:32

And despite the holiness edging the words that Jesus spoke, I couldn't help but think of a scene from my all-time favorite movie, with my dear literary friend, Anne of Green Gables, and her beloved teacher, Ms. Stacy...




More on the truth tomorrow....

For now, enjoy the last few hours of your weekend, and remember that tomorrow is fresh, with no mistakes in it! (yet). Another shout-out to Anne and Ms. Stacy.

No comments: