Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2 of Seasoning

We've all been hurt, wounded, beaten until we thought we could bleed no more. Then, another punch.

Friends
Family
Husbands
Wives
Children
Employers



They've hurt you. You are broken.

And...

You've been the one hurting others, too. That's the truth we often forget. We are not perfect. Our human nature leads us through moments of utter chaos, and we follow it.

But what if you've done "everything right?" What if this time, really, truly, honestly, you have taken all you can and now need to forgive.

This is a Season. A season of forgiveness. It never goes away. It may hide in the shadows during your time of thanksgiving...

But you will fail someone.
Someone will fail you.


And you will be faced with a choice.

To forgive or not to forgive, that is the question.

How do we forgive? How do we show grace?

The answer is with action.

You forget what was behind (Phil 3:13)
You press into the Father
You rejoice in the Lord (Phil 4:4)
In everyhing, you present your request to God (Phil 4:6)

AND..

the Peace of God, which transcends ALL understanding, will guard your heart and your mind IN Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:7

Do you see the Grace Window?

3 comments:

Charbelle said...

I just read a blog post about forgiveness. Chapters, if you don't follow her you can find thru my blog list. Great post, thinking of you!

Lindsay said...

I love your positive outlook....your ability to remain in perspective. I so admire you, and continue to think of you my sweet friend. :) Love you

bendedspoon said...

Yes only with action can we forgive. Only when I rejoice in the Lord, when my focus is on Him -- not mine, not how I feel -- can I truly forgive :)