Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where are you????

Friday was 39 weeks and 3 days....I went to see the midwife for my weekly check-up. I sat in there and point blank asked her to "strip the membrane"...whatever it's called..I should know this, but I did the whole nurse practitioner thing not OB! Anyway, she said, "well, let me check you". Needless to say, that was quite uncomfortable, and I broke into a sweat! Jonah...the things I do for you...
I was 3cm and 75% effaced. Somewhat encouraging, as progress has been made, but there is still no way to tell when he will make his entrance! I just KNEW it would be sometime this weekend. I had this feeling we would be going to the hospital Friday night. Well, all day I was really uncomfortable, and I made sure I had tied up loose ends at work. Now here it is Saturday evening, and I felt fine all day. Well "fine" is a term used loosely. "Fine" to a pregnant lady means you can still function and get out of the bed. I was still sporting cankles, a decent amount of back pain, and lots of pressure! However, you do get used to these things! Funny...
So tonight, Patrick and I walked around the neighborhood for a good while. It wasn't my belly that was hurting; my shins and feet were so tight that it was hard to walk! We did take a picture to commemorate the moment. It was quite funny, because a random lady in the neighborhood asked if we wanted a picture together. "No", we said. "We just wanted to document this desperation". Regardless of what we do, I'm sure Jonah will come when it's the perfect time. And most likely, the perfect time will be in the middle of the night, after I have taken a tylenol pm. (oops I did that this evening). I was hoping for one good solid night of sleep, as I have not slept well in months! Jonah definitely listened and has stayed put like I requested:) I wanted to at least make it to this weekend, and we did make it! So, who wants to make a bet on when he will come? If you bet and win, I'll give you a butterfinger. We have about 3 packs of them. What can I say....Food Lion had an MVP sale, and we are suckers for a sale....

No comments: