Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Glass Half Empty=Glass Half Full!I


For those of you who are Anne of Green Gables fans, I'm feeling a little "Anne-ish" today. No, I'm not in the "depths of despair", and I'm definitely not rowing on the Lake of Shining Waters. However, I am trying to see the beauty in every day life. Since the past few weeks have passed, I have realized that my little trials are really not that big a deal. I always thought Anne was a little dramatic, but I tend to be a little dramatic myself at times. That is why I have always loved this quote: "As Rachel Lynde used to say, the sun will go on rising and setting whether I fail in Geometry or not. I think I'd rather it didn't go on if I failed". I truly do want the sun to continue rising and setting, but deep down inside sometimes it would be nice to hide under the covers and ignore the annoyance of that day.
Well, today Patrick's car decided to come down with a case of the "broken alternator". Which is just wonderful, considering that leaves us several hundred dollars in the hole and a car short. However, I grew up with cars that constantly needed repair, so this was like coming home. No big deal, except the fact I COULD POP ANY MOMENT:)
Which brings me to the whole point of this post: any time you notice something going downhill or not your way, there has to be a "half-full" side to it. My half-full is that we have made it to 38 weeks in this pregnancy, which means in about 2 weeks our lives will change forever!
It doesn't seem quite real right now, because we can't see him. I can feel him, and I am affected by him, but I don't really truly know him completely. Sounds a little like God, doesn't it? This side of heaven, we can feel Him, we are affected by Him, and we know Him to an extent. However, until we leave this earth, it is like looking through a veil. "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known." 1 Cor 13:12.
So my glass is more than half-full, but I thought it was a cute analogy:)
I am definitely feeling every bit of this 38 weeks, and I believe Jonah may be feeling the effects, too. He seems to be quite active. For the past few days, he has been more subdued, and I was concerned that something was wrong. I would poke and prod, and he would poke lazily back like "I'm here, chill out!" However, since this weekend and my furious cleaning frenzy, it has felt like he is doing aerobics in there. I am experiencing alot of burning back pain, so much to the point that I can't stand for more than 10 minutes at a time. I also feel a lot of downward pressure, but this is ok. You almost get used to it. ALMOST.
So, Jonah, I still am asking you to chill out a week longer maybe. This is the first request from your mother, and you haven't even made an appearance yet. It's worth the discomfort knowing that the longer you wait, the more time I have over the holidays with you. Ok??


I will leave you with this qoute, which has probably nothing to do with this post. But, like I said, I'm feeling a little Anne-ish, and only those kindred spirits will really know what I'm talking about!


"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?" ~Anne Shirley

No comments: