Sunday, May 8, 2011

Growing Pains

It's that time again. Jonah is moving up to the next class tomorrow. He has been visiting each day last week, so it won't be such a shock. He has several friends in this class already, but deep inside I just want him to stay in this old class and pretend he won't ever get older. Maybe if I close my eyes and keep buying size 4 diapers, I can get away with it.

Maybe not.

As a little thank you to his three teachers, whom he adores, I put together miniature vases with flowers. A ribbon encircled the top of the "vase", and a target card was secured to the vase with the ribbon.



I made these out of a book (of course, big surprise...), sticks from the yard, and syrup bottles from cracker barrel. This is perfect for those of us on a budget. All you need to do is take a trip or two to cracker barrel, stock up on your bottles, and voila!!








While on my rosette paper theme, I also made frames for my mom and mother-in-law. Of course, I started too many projects this week (all involving books), to have the frames delivered in time for Mother's Day.






I did manage to send cards with Jonah's handprint. This, too, involved a book page from a very special Book.



Yes, that is a page from the Bible. No, I will probably never do that again...I just couldn't help myself.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who already have children as well as those who take care of the children in your life who are special and dear to you heart.

Tomorrow, I will take Jonah to a new classroom, and he will cram a muffin into his mouth and barely wave "bye" as I stand an extra few seconds at the door, blowing kisses.

It's not just kids who have growing pains...

No comments: