Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Confessions of a Loser

Well gang, it has been awhile since I posted. There is a time and season for everything, as good ole Ecclesiastes says. My season of weight watchers had been going fairly well until this past week and a half. I somehow got sidetracked, and I dove into several kit-kat bars. Well, it was more than "several" kit-kat bars. It was more like I totally disregarded all points completely and just ate. Well, there are days/weeks like that. However, I have lost a total of 6 lbs, and despite my rebellious week, I did not gain. However, I did not lose, either.
There. I have confessed. I confess I am a loser, but not in a bad way! I have lost weight, and I hope to continue. I feel better, even if it is not noticeable.

On a different note, I signed up to be an Ironmommy!!! Not only did I sign up, but I declared myself leader of ironmommies in Greenville, NC. I found this group by browsing a site called "Skirt Sports". Basically, the site is adorable, girly, athletic wear for women. While perusing the site, I saw an ironmommies link. What drew me in was the motto "No Mommy left behind!" How cool is that? You set your own goals and participate in races with your group. You obtain local sponsors to help defray costs, and you wear the same outfit. I have to say, the outift sold me on the whole idea. Don't call me shallow, because I know you are thinking it. I will include a picture at the end of this post, and you will totally get why I am doing it! (the most important reasons are to achieve goals with other women, fellowship, and enjoy the sport of running with others!)
Anyway, who is in it with me? I've been running faithfully, and I can actually tell and feel a difference in my body. I am able to go farther and faster than I ever have in my whole entire life. Sounds dramatic, right? It is the truth!!! If you live in or near the Greenville, NC area, please comment and let me know if you want to participate! We are signing up for a 5k sometime in early fall. So far, I have 5 women wanting to join!! Now, for the best part ever:





THE UNIFORM!!!
www.ironmommies.com

3 comments:

Charbelle said...

Such a cute outfit!! I'm looking forward to the updates!

Olivia said...

I think I might want to join...I don't like running though, but I'll walk with the best of them..sadly enough when I did a 5K a bit ago, I probably can walk it the same speed I ran it :( The outfit is too cute! What's the commitment if you join?

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Yay for the 6 pounds!!! Trust me, I know what an accomplishment that is. :)
Love the outfit! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND!!! :)