Friday, November 11, 2011

Day of Seasoning 30 and 31: Restoration

I know. It is almost mid-November, and I never wrote the final Days of Seasoning. I had great intentions, but intentions don't turn into blog posts without actions...
A friend texted me a chapter from Psalms to read for encouragement. That evening, I sat down and read with new eyes what has been ready many times before.


Psalm 71: 14-15,19-21 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, you who have done great things. Who, O God, is like you? Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.


Though I know not its measure...
It is impossible to know the vastness of God's nature through our finite minds. There is no limit to his knowledge. There are no surprises to Him. He doesn't see situations as hopeless. He is working, and He isn't done, even if you think it is. We will never know the measure of His grace in its fullness until we are face to face with Him. Our human, finite minds can't grasp His wonderment.

you will restore my life again
This says it all. My brokenness..your brokenness..these are blessings, though you don't realize it now. Restoration follows a wounded heart...


Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

No comments: